If your business is new, one of the first goals on your list should be to grow your list of e-mail subscribers. These are the people who want to hear from you. They are the low hanging fruit who have researched your business, considered your business and in many cases, are ready to make a buying decision.
E-mail marketing is a great way to promote service offerings, discounts, new products, upcoming events … and free downloadable content!
What is free downloadable content?
In marketing speak, it’s called a lead magnet — offering a free service, content or product in exchange for contact information. This can be anything from downloadable PDF guides to on-demand virtual workshops/classes and from white papers to trial subscriptions.
Ideally, when someone signs up, their contact information is saved into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, where they are segmented by their interests. Then, marketing efforts specifically target those people. For instance, a baker who offers a free downloadable cupcake recipe book could send e-mails to those who signed up for the cookbook whenever they have discounts on cupcakes or events about cupcakes.
However, lead generation content ideas for Tarot readers, spiritual advisors and life coaches aren’t as easy to come by. Service-oriented businesses often struggle with unique downloadable content that attracts their target market audience. Here are some ideas to help:
Generally, ebooks educate, help build trust and gain credibility in your industry. Any solopreneur who is wearing many hats will likely groan at the thought of creating an ebook. Don’t let the word “ebook” put expectations of Dickensian proportions in your mind.
An ebook can be as simple as “Top 10 Ways to Incorporate Mindfulness in Your Mornings” that details your personal mode of mindfulness, links to helpful meditations, recommended reading, etc. Or a self-care calendar of easy, fun examples to nurture yourself.
Expand on your niche. If you are a Tarot reader that specializes in career planning or career development, you could offer, “Top 5 Career Spreads.” Biddy Tarot’s brand has become synonymous with Tarot training. Many of her ebooks help augment the training and certification program offered on the website, such as “Top 10 Tarot Cards” for the most popular questions.
Masterclasses or Online Courses
Keep your audience engaged by teaching them something new. Many people seeking a Tarot reader, spiritual advisor or life coach want to fulfill an aspect of their lives that they can’t explain.
In today’s always-on digital world, professionals don’t know how to turn off their minds and be present. An on-demand webinar that people sign up for and can watch any time they want would be a great way to reach these individuals. Some ideas could include:
- How to meditate
- The importance and the benefits of setting intentions
- How to journal using a daily Tarot pull
- The power of manifestation
- Creating your own sacred space
Do some research. Sign up for a free online class from someone in your industry to get an idea of how this works. Don’t copy someone else’s idea. It’s OK to draw inspiration from someone, but you are doing your own brand a disservice by trying to compete with identical content. Instead, add your unique twist.
Workbooks are a great way to keep your clients interested and interacting. Hire a good designer or create an eye-catching design in Canva that is professional, fun and engaging.
Here are some ideas for Tarot readers and life coaches:
- Many fillable workbooks could be used with an online course or separately. This could include an area where clients can take notes or answer questions based on what they learn.
- Tarot readers who want to offer their clients a little something extra might benefit from a fillable PDF Tarot journal with questions that prompt further exploration.
- Life coaches who want their client to set goals might offer checklists or goal tracking lists.
Whether daily, weekly or monthly, e-mail series keep your Tarot brand or life coaching brand in the forefront of your subscribers’ minds. This could be either something you pre-write and pre-schedule or create as needed. If someone signs up for an e-mail series, you can program your e-newsletter system to send e-mails on a certain schedule.
Here are some examples:
- Tarot readers could offer a weekly Tarot card pull for their subscribers that discusses the meaning of the card, how to draw inspiration from the card and other free online content.
- Life coaches might send daily self-care tips with an inspirational quote.
- Tarot readers might send a full moon Tarot card spread every month.
- Life coaches who focus on healthy living could offer weekly recipes and meal planning tips.
Kits group multiple content together into one, free offer for your clients.
Save time by repurposing content you already have made — such as an ebook, fillable workbook and masterclass. Some examples include:
- If you have a meditation workbook, consider adding some guided meditation videos.
- Offer a Tarot 101 Kit with ebooks, workbooks and videos on how to choose your deck, how to create a sacred space, useful spreads to help with your daily life, etc.
- Life coaches might want to begin their client relationships off with a “Goal-Setting Kit” — downloadable checklists, aligning intentions with goals, tracking goals, affirmations, etc.
Consider coming up with a catchy brand name for your kit that aligns with your Tarot or life coaching philosophy.
Graphic Design Subscriptions
Professional, convenient, flat-rate graphic design
Launch your content with an effective landing page
With the right marketing messaging and e-newsletter integration, free downloadable content can be your most effective sales machine. Keep the landing page simple by explaining what is included with the free offer with an easy sign-up form.
Affordable website design with a process that works for you.